Plot Types, Prices, Open and Closing Dates
- Approximately 750 square feet
- $130 annual plot rental fee
- Approximately 375 square feet
- $80 annual plot rental fee
- 18 and 24 square foot raised bed gardens
- Designed for older gardeners, children, and those with limited mobility
- Volunteers provide periodic assistance with garden maintenance and education
- $50 annual rental fee for a single bed, $80 for two beds
- Learn more about Discovery Gardens
Reduced Fee Plots
- Standard plots available for a subsidized annual fee depending on need
- Those interested must submit the regular plot application as well as the low-income scholarship application
Opening and Closing Dates Dates
Perennial gardens remain open throughout the winter. Gardeners with perennial plots may begin or end their gardening season as early or late as weather permits.
Annual gardens open in the spring after "stake out". For stake out, a stake is placed in each corner of each plot and labelled with the plot number.
At most annual sites this is not done until after all the annual plots are tilled. All of this depends on the weather. In a dry year it might be finished by late April. In a wet year it could be as late as mid-May.
The closing date or deadline for cleanup is always midnight on the third Saturday in October. For 2016, this will be October 15th.
Despite being available all year, perennial plots still need to be cleaned up (see the Member Handbook) by the closing date.