Organic Gardener Certification Program
In partnership with the Washtenaw Community College (WCC), Project Grow offers an Organic Gardener Certification Program during WCC's winter term. This program teaches participants the knowledge and skills needed to establish and maintain lawns and gardens organically. Classes can be taken individually or as a series.
To receive a certificate in organic gardening, the following requirements must be completed:
- 8 classes
- Final exam
- 20-hours volunteer work (within 1.5 years)
- An Introduction to Organic Gardening
- Soils, Compost and Organic Fertilizer
- Organic Vegetable Gardening
- Organic Fruit Growing Made Easy
- Landscaping with Native Plants
- Organic Pest and Disease Management
- Organic Weed Control
- Organic Lawn Care
Participants must purchase a course pack available only at the WCC Bookstore. A separate course pack is recommended for non-certificate students.
Learn more and register! For registration questions, please call WCC's Life Long Learning help desk at (734) 677-5060.